RSS

The big five oh oh…

30 Mar

post-milestone-500-2x

When I published One liner Wednesday today, I was delighted to receive a notification from WordPress, informing me that it was my 500th post on Diary of an Internet Nobody!

In a little under 4 years, the blog has had 62,700 hits, it’s been visited by 34,000 of you lovely people and has gained 558 of you as followers.

I’m extremely proud of my little corner of the internet and, despite not having had the slightest idea what I was doing when I started my adventure in the blogosphere, I believe that I’ve just about got the hang of it now and I’m enjoying it more every day.

Looking at those numbers, I’m quite frankly astonished that so many of you think my rants, musings, stories and ramblings are worthy of your time, so I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you all for accompanying me on my journey of exploration, discovery and improvisation.

Not only that, but I’m also rather pleased that I’ve managed to stick to my original mission statement; having no discernible theme, producing everything you see on the blog with nothing but a smartphone (and occasionally a tablet) and including as much original content as possible (including, but not limited to; general nonsense, opinion, fiction, photography, video, animation and music).

But that’s not all. Now I have three blogs to keep me busy; Diary of an Internet Nobody, the sci-fi collaboration, Starship Gypsies and my photographic blog, Photo Sans Frontiers, along with the other regular features I participate in, such as the aforementioned One liner Wednesday and Stream of Consciousness Saturday.

Speaking of which; I am about to embark on a new participation feature, namely The A-Z Blogging Challenge, which starts on Friday and continues throughout April. That should be interesting, given that I have nothing prepared for it whatsoever.

So, to celebrate this, my 501st post, here’s the latest musical creation to make it onto my lovely new Bandcamp page; a serene little number that may well be the most melodious attempt to date, which I have called, for no good reason (other than the fact that it’s quite floaty) “Glydr“.

Click the big red link below to listen to it in all its chilled-out gorgeousness.

Glydr

Thanks again for all your support, here’s to the next 500 posts.

Advertisements

27 Comments

Posted by on March 30, 2016 in Arts, Blogging, Music, Personal anecdote

Tags: , , , , , , ,

27 responses to “The big five oh oh…

1. koolaidmoms

March 30, 2016 at 15:33

Congratulations on all your accomplishments!

March 30, 2016 at 15:37

Thank you kindly, it has been and continues to be a lot of fun.

2. LindaGHill

March 30, 2016 at 15:38

Congrats on being so wordy! 😀 Am listening to your music. Floaty indeed. 😀 I love it!

March 30, 2016 at 15:44

Thank you. And thanks for providing me with new and interesting ways to inflict my wordiness on the world. Glad you like the music, please feel free to do me the honour of being the first person to download a tune from my Bandcamp collection. (You might also enjoy “Phazar”, my previous tune.)

March 30, 2016 at 15:46

All the music is free, gratis and without charge. ;~}

• LindaGHill

March 30, 2016 at 16:13

Thank you. I actually paid for it, just for the extra right to claim that I contributed to your professional music career. 😀

March 30, 2016 at 16:19

Paid!?
        Wow, I am properly honoured. I’m just happy that somebody thinks my sonic noodlings are worth listening to all the way through, so you’ve made my day, cheers.

• LindaGHill

March 30, 2016 at 16:20

It’s very ambient. Good reading music. 🙂

March 30, 2016 at 16:22

Woohoo! Just got an e-mail from Bandcamp, telling me that 34 pence will go into my account in the next 24 hours, hahaha.
        Time to make the first down payment on that Ferrari.

• LindaGHill

March 30, 2016 at 16:28

Wow, they took a bit of a cut. I gave you 50p! 😛 You’d better make some more music if you want to buy the other radio knob. 😉 hehe

March 30, 2016 at 16:39

It’s only a free account, so I guess that’s how they make their money.

3. shanjeniah

March 30, 2016 at 17:57

Congratulations on 500! Hooray for you!

Loved the music so much that I bought it! I feel like I could both do tai chi to this, and write to it. Double win! =D

I can’t wait to see how you fly while winging your way through the alphabet! =)

March 30, 2016 at 18:01

Wow, two sales in one day! You’re too kind, thank you.
      There is quite a selection on Bandcamp, you never know, there could be another ditty that takes your fancy.

• shanjeniah

March 30, 2016 at 18:05

I took a peek, but not a listen, as today is slotted for some mad progress on A-Z, other blogging stuff, and, since it’s a beautiful day, some yard and hometending. But I’ll be back to check out more, and I’ll be listening to Glydr while I write, for inspiration. It’s perfect, because when I listen to songs with lyrics, I want to sing, and that gets in the way of the wording…

March 30, 2016 at 18:11

That’s nice to know. I always have music playing while I write, too. Strangely enough, I’ve been thinking of adding vocal samples to my musical experiments, (you wouldn’t want to hear me singing) but I’m more interested in seeing what peculiar noises I can make, so you’ll be glad to hear that I’ll be sticking with mainly instrumental compositions.

• shanjeniah

March 30, 2016 at 19:00

As I put it to my Accomplice a few days ago, I’m not afraid to offend, should I start singing in a store, or in another public place, but I don’t think I’m of a calibre to make money at it. Thing is, the drive to sing is irresistible, and that’s not so great for writing productivity. So knowing you’ve got cool stuff with no words to catch my voice up is pretty cool! =)

4. lindamartinandersen

March 30, 2016 at 18:19

Congratulations on all your blogging accomplishments. Happy for you!

March 30, 2016 at 18:29

Why, thank you, I’m quite chuffed myself. ;~}

5. John W. Howell

March 30, 2016 at 18:43

Congratulations Dale. I always enjoy your rants and stuff.

March 30, 2016 at 19:23

“Rants and stuff”, yep, that’s me. I’m very gratified that my output meets with your illustrious writerly approval.

6. John Holton

March 30, 2016 at 19:27

Congratulations! What’s your secret?

March 30, 2016 at 19:30

There’s a secret?

Damn, nobody told me.

7. ghostmmnc

March 30, 2016 at 22:18

Congratulations on the 500! A variety of things to read is a plus! Cheers to the next 500! 🙂

March 30, 2016 at 22:46

Thanks, looking forward to plenty more.

8. Andrew Biffen

April 4, 2016 at 08:11

Very informative,interesting,humorous and at times brought back memories of characters from the past.Bravo!,long may you continue.

April 4, 2016 at 08:14

Cheers Mr Biff, I will endeavour to keep the flag of random nonsense flying.